Wednesday, May 2, 2012


"I Will Praise You in the Storm"

How and why I created this pic: Several years ago I showed a man my work, one being a picture of a lightning storm over a desert.  He stated that he wanted one done of a man praising God with hands held up under the storm clouds in a similar setting. I was able to sell the work to him and a couple of years later I met the man again on a call (during my full time job  in law enforcement). He was at a different apartment, but I recogmised him with his dred locks, and behind him was the picture I had done, while hanging on a wall. The wall was red like the sky above. He said that  he actually had the paint made up to match the picture. That meant a lot to a young artist trying to get started with a full time job and family. My wife wanted the same picture so I attempted to re-create it which is the one pictured above (you're viewing a fraction of it).

3 comments:

  1. That's such a cool story Chad! I love this picture and the message in conveys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u Chuck!, maybe it will sit above your mantle one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I sit and look at this picture, I can't help but hear the song "I Will Praise you in the Storm" by Casting Crowns.

    ReplyDelete